Here are scheduled changes, deprecations, and retirements planned ahead for the Slack platform.
We tweet about most of these updates from @slackapi but we also offer this wonderfully antiquated RSS feed. Slack, the service and product, has its own changelog too.
Effective November 25, 2020
Effective May 05, 2020
- APIsThe creation of legacy test tokens is now deprecated and will permanently retire on May 5th, 2020. Learn more about using Slack apps to build firmly scoped integrations.
Effective March 31, 2020
- APIsParent messages in a thread will no longer explicitly list their replies. Instead of a large
replies array containing threaded message replies, we'll provide a lighter-weight list of
reply_users, plus a
reply_users_count and the
latest_reply message. These new fields are already available. We'll remove the
replies array on
October 18, 2019 March 31st, 2020. Read up on threaded messages here.
Effective March 04, 2020
- AppsOn March 4, 2020, we'll require all apps, custom integrations, bots, and users communicating with Slack to use TLS version
1.2 or higher. There will be a 24 hour test deprecation on February 19th, 2020. Read more details on why and how to upgrade.
Effective August 30, 2019
- APIsUsing the SCIM API's GET /Users or /Groups methods? Their
count parameters will no longer accept values above
1000 beginning August 30, 2019. Learn how to prepare.
Effective August 22, 2019
Effective June 03, 2019
- APIsWhen querying
users argument is required beginning June 3, 2019. Future-proof your app by explicitly listing which
users you wish to see Do Not Disturb settings for.
Effective May 22, 2019
Effective October 16, 2018
- APIsWe're postponing planned changes around scope requirements for app and bot access to email addresses. The new date is in autumn, on October 16th, 2018. If you haven't already prepared, read on.
Effective September 26, 2018
- APIsCatch up on recent changes to presence in the RTM and Web APIs and changes to come, including the deprecation of
presence parameter. Read on.
Effective August 31, 2018