This scope lets an app Make changes to a workspace
|Supported token types:||user|
scope is obtained through version two of the OAuth V2 flow, but there are a few additional requirements. The app requesting this scope must
be installed by an admin or Owner
of an Enterprise Grid organization. Also, the app must be installed on the entire org, not on an individual workspace. See below for more details.
Admin API endpoints reach across an entire Enterprise Grid organization, not individual workspaces.
For a token to be imbued with Admin scopes, it must be obtained from installing an app on the entire Grid org, not just a workspace within the organization.
To configure and install an app supporting Admin API endpoints on your Enterprise Grid organization:
- Create a new Slack app. Your app will need to be able to handle a standard OAuth 2 flow.
In the app's settings, select OAuth & Permissions
from the left navigation. Scroll down to the section titled Scopes
and add the
admin.*scope you want. Click the green Save Changes button.
- In the app's settings, select Manage Distribution from the left navigation. Under the section titled Share Your App with Other Workspaces, make sure all four sections have the green check. Then click the green Activate Public Distribution button.
- Under the Share Your App with Your Workspace section, copy the Sharable URL and paste it into a browser to initiate the OAuth handshake that will install the app on your organization. You must be logged in as an admin or Owner of your Enterprise Grid organization to install the app.
- Check the dropdown in the upper right of the installation screen to make sure you are installing the app on the organization, not an individual workspace within the organization. See the image below for a visual.
- Once your app completes the OAuth flow, you will be granted an OAuth token that can be used for calling Admin API methods for your organization.
When installing an app to use an Admin API endpoint, be sure to install it on your Grid organization, not a workspace within the organization.
This scope is compatible with the following list of Web API methods:
admin.emoji.add- Add an emoji.
admin.emoji.addAlias- Add an emoji alias.
admin.emoji.remove- Remove an emoji across an Enterprise Grid organization
admin.emoji.rename- Rename an emoji.
admin.teams.create- Create an Enterprise team.
admin.teams.settings.setDefaultChannels- Set the default channels of a workspace.
admin.teams.settings.setDescription- Set the description of a given workspace.
admin.teams.settings.setDiscoverability- An API method that allows admins to set the discoverability of a given workspace
admin.teams.settings.setIcon- Sets the icon of a workspace.
admin.teams.settings.setName- Set the name of a given workspace.
admin.usergroups.addTeams- Associate one or more default workspaces with an organization-wide IDP group.
For some scopes, this list may be incomplete.